Managing your Windows Upgrade
Get support for your Windows upgrade from expert consultants with a proven record of success
Upgrading your Windows Operating System is not as simple as switching off your laptop one day, migrating to your chosen system, and logging back on with a sleek new operating system the next.
- Has your new operating system caused something to stop working?
- Has the upgrade affected how Windows integrates with external applications such as PDF generation, printing, Outlook or other Office products?
- Has the upgrade impacted core or customised functionality within your applications?
The complexity of a Windows update project can vary depending on several factors such as the size of the organisation, the number of devices to update, the complexity of the existing IT infrastructure, and the version of Windows being updated.
What needs to be considered before upgrading?
- Devices in scope: What physical devices are in scope for testing, for example, laptops, desktops or mobile devices
- Connectivity considerations: Are devices and applications accessed whilst connected to a company network, using public wi-fi or disconnected from the internet (or a combination of all)?
- Application builds: Are all applications delivered in a ‘Gold Build’; are specific applications downloaded by the user or department requests?
- Applications in scope: What business-critical applications need to be validated?
- Application functionality: What essential functions need to be validated for the applications in question?
- Localisation considerations: Are there any specific applications used by a single region which need to be validated?
- Due to Evergreen IT, the operating system update path is much more frequent: A solution, therefore, needs to be considered which can provide regular validation.
How we can help
We have a proven and trusted track record supporting Windows Operating System enterprise-wide migrations for multiple organisations across different sectors. We provide a comprehensive range of migration testing solutions including strategic test consultancy, functional and non-functional testing.
We bring in-depth, sector-specific knowledge of the common technology platforms, applications and integration requirements providing you with strategic advice on your technical challenges and your future roadmap. We are also aware of the common problems typically encountered with Windows upgrades in terms of application crashing or functional step-outs.
Our experienced technical team provides you with the expertise to deliver solutions ensuring your upgrade is fit for purpose. Our Tenology® approach typically follows these steps:
- Discovering – Developing a common understanding to understand the context, logistics, risks, priorities and scope of the programme
- Defining – Agreeing on the approach, what we intend to do and what the expected benefits are
- Planning – Breaking down the activities, defining a schedule, identifying the team and timing
- Preparing – Putting everything in place for successful delivery by preparing data, environments, tools, reporting and test scripts etc
- Delivering – Execution of the project work, logging and managing defects, mitigating risk and reporting
- Refining – Continually assessing and adjusting by applying lessons learnt
- Sustaining – Maintaining strong relationships with all stakeholders, managing teamwork and numbers
- Informing – Reporting on progress against time, quality, cost and any issues or blockers