We are at the forefront of delivering Software Testing services and consultancy in Agile, continuous delivery and DevOps environments, with a pragmatic use of the latest technologies, tools and frameworks to support our clients in producing effective, working software. With our approach to quality assurance and testing software, you will be able to better balance quality with risk to gain a competitive advantage.
Software Testing and Quality Assurance Consultancy
Explore Ten10's QA & Software Testing services
How we deliver software testing services for you
Frequently Asked Questions
The seven steps of the software testing life cycle are:
- Requirement Analysis: Understanding the project requirements and defining clear objectives for the testing phase.
- Test Planning: Creating a comprehensive test plan that outlines the scope, resources, and timelines for the testing activities.
- Test Design: Developing detailed test cases that cover all aspects of the software’s functionality, ensuring thorough test coverage.
- Test Environment Setup: Establishing a controlled environment where the testing process can take place, including hardware, software, and network configurations.
- Test Execution: Running the test cases, recording the results, and identifying any defects or issues that arise.
- Defect Tracking: Tracking and managing any defects found during testing, prioritising them to resolve issues efficiently.
- Test Reporting: Analysing the test results, generating reports, and providing valuable insights to stakeholders.
Effective software testing ensures that an application functions as intended by identifying and fixing bugs before deployment. It helps improve performance by validating system responsiveness, stability under load, and speed, contributing to a seamless user experience.
Software testing utilises various tools for different testing approaches. Each tool has its unique strengths, and the choice depends on the specific requirements of the testing process. For example, LoadRunner and Apache JMeter serve performance testing, while Postman and SoapUI are common for API testing and bug tracking tools like Jira and Bugzilla help manage issues. Visit our Technologies page to see a full list of the tools we use while conducting software testing.
Agile methodologies promote continuous integration and frequent iteration. This means defects are identified and addressed faster, reducing the risk of large-scale issues at later stages. Agile also encourages collaboration between developers and testers (leading to better understanding and quicker problem resolution) and allows for adaptive planning, so changes in requirements can be efficiently handled, thus enhancing the responsiveness and quality of testing.