Learn how to make quality a priority in your software delivery lifecycle
Engineering quality through digital transformations, programmes of work and individual projects on top of the team’s day jobs is difficult. It’s often supported by consultancies, contractors and other third parties.
What happens to quality once the transformation is complete, the programme has finished and the project team is disbanded? How do you maintain quality from the cradle to the grave? And what do we mean by ‘quality engineering’ anyway?
Hear from Emma Hargreaves, Ten10 Managing Principal Consultant, as she discusses:
- A definition for ‘quality engineering’
- Common quality and test challenges with digital transformations and programme/project delivery
- Best/good practice for quality engineering
- Common models adopted to fill the quality gap
Who is it for?
This webinar is for:
- Chief Information Officers (CIOs) and Chief Technology Officers (CTOs) that are responsible for leading their organisations’ software development and strategies
- IT and Project Managers who need to ensure quality engineering throughout the software development lifecycle to reduce wasted time and project defects
- Any IT worker trying to improve their organisation’s processes to deliver higher-quality software more quickly